Tulsa, Oklahoma

Not sure where to begin with these people. I received a call from a guy named Jim Parker, who said he was with the sheriff's office (918 area code, same as me). He said he was to serve me papers and asked when I would be home. I asked him what exactly this was regarding. He gave me a case number and told me to call 866-495-5950, and the company's name was TND Company (notice he didn't say TD & Co... more on that later). "Jim" says he would be heading to my house shortly, and if I wasn't there, he would wait on me to serve me. Knowing what I know now, I should have grilled this guy with questions.

So, I call this 866 number, and I get an electronic voice greeting "Thank you for calling ..." then a completely different electronic voice finished the delayed sentence ... "TND Company Tim Bradford", which I thought was strange. Why would any company have such sketchy, non-human greeting? Side note: my guess is, they have different greetings based on the caller/state/etc.

So, Paul Santos gets on the phone and begins his spiel. I owe X money on an old credit card, but we can settle for this low price of Y. He knows my name, address, last 4, past CC account info... the whole nine. I tell him that I want to see something in writing, and he responds by sending me an email in "about 10 minutes". (btw, I have attached this email -- it's totally laughable)

He wants my visa/MC info to settle the debt, and in the meantime he would call off the process server. I asked if he would take a money order or a check. They say, "we don't do checks or money orders... but we will take your bank/routing number". I finally receive the email containing the "letter", which is MS Word, of all things. No signatures, no letterhead, no attention to detail, no physical address, header and footer companies DO NOT MATCH. Are you TD and Company? TnD Company, or TD Company?

I told Paul Santos to *** off and go ahead and serve me because he is obviously full of ***. He was really pushy and convincing on the phone...just don't fall for it.

I tried calling Jim Parker back after I hung up with Paul, and of course that number didn't exist. 10 minutes on the internet, and you can easily find a number spoofing app.

It's been 2 days since then, and I haven't heard from either Jim or Paul.

DO NOT. DO NOT. DO NOT give these people any money.

Had an Experience with TD And Company?

Comments

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1217528

Girl I gave them 289 my last dine in my account

Burnsville, Minnesota, United States #1190685

Great advice. If they serve you be sure to answer the complaint in a timely manor or else you will have major problems.

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1239095

No legit process server is going to call ahead of time. Lmao. Also, you can always check with your local courthouse to see if a lawsuit has been filed against you.

Harley J
Redwood City, California, United States #933340

Credit card debt has a statute of limitations.In California it's four years.

Just tell them the statute has expired and you do not have to pay it.

If they take you to court, explain to the judge that you advised them of that fact and that this is a frivolous lawsuit.It will be dismissed and they will be in trouble with the judge for knowingly wasting judicial resources.

lh
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States #865837

literally the exact same thing happened to me.its crazy, if i was to write out my story it would be word for word what you wrote.

i even got an email from them as well, looks just like yours.

glad you didnt fall for it, neither did i.